Following an extensive planning and consultation process, the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) has launched the Primary Industries Plan 2020-2024 (the Plan) to guide the development of Western Australia’s primary industries.
The Plan aims to support increasingly sophisticated and globally competitive primary industries which make a significant contribution, and create prosperity across the state.
The Primary Industries Plan:
- sets clear priorities for investment
- establishes a platform for strengthened collaboration between government and primary industries
- supports DPIRD’s Strategic Intent goals of protect, grow and innovate in WA’s primary industries and regions
- highlights the State’s competitive advantages and current operating context, identifies key themes to guide investment and action
- outlines current and new initiatives to develop WA’s primary industries.
DPIRD will oversee the implementation of the Plan in collaboration with WA’s primary industries, and state and federal governments.
For more information in relation to the Primary Industries Plan please contact Alison Wilson, Manager Coordination, Strategy and Coordination on Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org.