The amalgamation of the former Departments of Agriculture and Food; Fisheries and Regional Development will enable us to provide a strong and unified service for Western Australia’s vital primary industries and regions.
Regional Development Commissions
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development will work closely with the State's nine Regional Development Commissions to continue to develop regional Western Australia.
The objectives of the Regional Development Commissions (RDCs) are to:
- maximise job creation and improve career opportunities in the region;
- develop and broaden the economic base of the region;
- identify infrastructure services needed to promote economic and social development within the region;
- provide information and advice to promote business development within the region;
- seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area; and
- generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development in the region.